Sunday 25 January 2015

WWE Royal Rumble 2015 Predictions


This is really a two match card, let’s be honest. They’ve done really well to make the Lesnar- Cena match interesting by adding Seth into the mix and there are so many scenarios that you can envisage coming out of it. What I think is slightly foolish, however, is that its clear that Seth won’t win because otherwise the briefcase is useless.

The Rumble only has about two or three people who have any hope in hell of winning it but I have a soft spot, like many, for this ppv so it doesn’t matter too much. The fun is always in the surprise entrants and where the two of three likely candidates are placed in the 30.

Otherwise, the card is really weak. I had to look up the other matches here because I wasn’t entirely set on who was actually down to work. Sad really – with good ppvs that have been built up well, you can normally reel off the list of matches without too much thought. The only other match that really sticks out is The Ascension-New Age Outlaws match but only because these poor guys have been thrust into the main stream and are already being shit all over.

30-man Royal Rumble match for a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania 31

Firstly, I really don’t buy any of this heavy-handed, social media teasing that The Rock will be in this match. If he’s there, I’d bet he’s just there for a quick pop but nothing more. I can’t see how he plays into any plans and if he were to win the Rumble it would really be a huge insult to all the guys who are there 24/7.

What I do think, though, is that, just like last year, the original plan stays. I say that Roman Reigns will win. If you think that the only other genuine options are Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton then I would have to say that Reigns is the one who would needs the win. The other two don’t need to win the Rumble to be in amongst the top matches at WrestleMania – you’d expect them to be there anyway. People will be clamouring for Daniel Bryan to win and it could well taint Roman Reigns’ win – Philly are likely going to boo him, unfortunately.

I hope that the Dudley Boyz rumours are true. I think that Bubba Dudley back for once last WWE run would be really good news for the company. He’s a really good character, a great worker now and would just give the roster some more strength in depth. He’s also great as either a heel or a babyface.

Bo Dallas is said to be back – nothing exciting about that, I’m afraid. We have Kofi’s spot to look forward to – I’d guess it will involve the other members of The New Day. RVD is said to be there – (see Bo Dallas) but the Philly pop may be worth it. Someone from nWo – there’s talk it will be Waltman – will be there; I’d say it’s more likely Nash looking at the shape they’re all in. Sheamus could return but I don’t see how that would help him and too many returns and surprises just makes it all a little too messy. Jericho could come in, I suppose, but we’ll see.

I see the final two as being Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns. Reigns and Cena then tag against Wyatt and Rollins at Fast Lane.

Pick: Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar (c) v John Cena v Seth Rollins in Triple threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

There are so many ways you could go with this. Firstly, I don’t think that Seth is winning and I don’t think he’s cashing in. It feels too obvious. Obvious is Roman Reigns winning the Rumble, we don’t need obvious here as well. Clearly, Seth shouldn’t win and have title and briefcase  - I mean they could do it, he’d have a get out of jail free card to carry around, but it seems pretty pointless. Cena doesn’t need to get pinned and so Brock can pin Seth.

I think that you have to remember just how strong Lesnar has been booked this year. He destroyed Undertaker and her destroyed John Cena. Whoever defeats him needs to be a super hero and I think that they see that as being Roman Reigns. So, here, I think he wins and carries the title to WrestleMania.

Should be a GREAT match. I just love anything with Brock Lesnar (although the less said about his match with Big Show – remember that?! – from last year’s Royal Rumble, the better) and Cena always delivers on ppv. Seth is another level when he’s on his game. Excited for this.

Pick: Brock Lesnar

The Usos (c) v The Miz and Damien Mizdow for the WWE Tag Team Championships

Not too interested in this. I see it that The Usos will retain but we should see the start of the dissention between their opponents. Miz and Mizdow need to go into the Rumble later where they can really start to break up. A match at Mania between them would seem to be a good idea. I actually think having made Mizdow mute for a while will help him, because Sandow is a great talker. If they want to make this split half-decent they can give him a mic and make it into a good little feud. We’ll see.

As for this match, it’ll be a typical Usos match. Lots of high flying moves at the end with a creative finish where they retain. I like The Usos but we’ve had WAY too many matches between a combination of these four in the last few months. This can surely be the blow off?

Pick: The Usos

The New Age Outlaws v The Ascension

I don’t really care. Sorry. The Ascension ought to win here. It’s a horrible gimmick and they’re just taking the piss out of them for it. It’s all a bit weird and unnecessary. They’re not that great in the ring and The New Age Outlaws are just there to plug the fact that the attitude era happened and so Michael Cole can tell you that you can go and watch it all on the Network, I guess. Cynical, me? No! Expect this to be quick.

Pick: The Ascension

So a two match show. But a two match show that has plenty of excitement and intrigue in those matches that I’m happy to pay my Network subscription and I’m genuinely excited to see the ppv.

No comments:

Post a Comment